MIT Resource DevelopmentHomepage
Directions to 600 Memorial Drive (MIT Building W98). With thanks to the Hyatt, whose instructions we borrowed.
Note: Employees of MIT Resource Development will find additional information about transportation to 600 Memorial Drive on insiderd.mit.edu.
From the west, via the Mass Pike:
• Take Exit 18 — Allston/Cambridge (left hand exit). Follow the signs for Cambridge.
• Cross the River Street Bridge; exit to the right at the end of the bridge onto Memorial Drive.
• 600 Memorial Drive (Building W98) is about 1/2 mile up on the left-hand side.
From the south, via I-93:
• Take Exit 26 — Storrow Drive/Back Bay/Cambridge. Stay in the right lane (Storrow Drive).
• Go 3/4 mile and take the second exit on the left, Government Center/Kendall Square. Go up the ramp and stay in the right lane.
• Turn right at the stop sign; go across the Longfellow Bridge.
• Take the first right off Longfellow Bridge, and turn right onto Memorial Drive (Route 3).
• Stay on Memorial Drive approximately 1 mile to #600, which is just past Amesbury St. and the Hyatt.
From the north, via either I-93 or Route 1:
• Take Exit 26 — Storrow Drive — and follow the “From the south” directions (above).
From Logan Airport:
• Follow signs to the Mass Turnpike: I-90 Boston/Williams Tunnel. Pay toll upon exiting airport.
• You will be heading west on I-90. From I-90 West, take Exit 20 Brighton/Cambridge (pay another toll).
• Out of the toll booth, bear right, following exit sign for Cambridge/Somerville.
• From this exit ramp, stay straight through two lights, and cross over the bridge.
• Just over the bridge, turn right at the light onto Memorial Drive. Stay in the left lane.
• Continue up/over overpass, keeping in left lane. Take an immediate left after crossing the bridge (the BU boathouse is on your right) onto Vassar St., then an immediate right into the parking lot in front of 600 Memorial Drive.
By public transportation
MIT Tech Shuttle
There is a Tech Shuttle stop at Vassar and Amesbury streets, at Building W92 (usually marked with a sandwich board). It goes to Kendall Square and several spots on the MIT campus. Here’s the Tech Shuttle schedule (PDF). You can track the shuttle in real time using Nextbus.com. On the drop-down menu, choose Massachusetts, then MIT, then either the Tech or Northwest Shuttle, and choose your stop from the list.
MBTA bus & subway
The MBTA bus stop for the CT2 is located on Amesbury St., just outside the entrance to the Hyatt. The CT2 has two other stops on the MIT campus: Kendall Square (near the Red Line T stop) and Massachusetts Ave. & Vassar St.
The 47 stops at Granite and Brookline streets (near the BU Bridge rotary) and travels through Central Square.
The MBTA’s Kendall Square subway stop (on the Red Line) is 1.5 miles from 600 Memorial Drive. The MIT Tech Shuttle and the CT2 bus (see above) both run between Kendall Square and W98. Here’s a map of Boston’s subway system, and here’s more detail about the Red Line (including connections).
There is a taxi stand outside the Amesbury St. entrance to the Hyatt.
Visitors who park in MIT lots must obtain a visitor’s permit. Please contact the Resource Development office you are visiting for information about obtaining a visitor’s permit.